These moist, tasty sandwiches are always a hit. The recipe is from my mother-in-law who estimated 2 or 3 sandwiches per growing son. Serve with potato salad, chips, baked beans, cole slaw, or by themselves and you’ll be a rock star.
Barbeque Beef Sandwiches
YIELD: 6- 8 Sandwiches Oven: 350 F
- 2 ½ - 3½ lb. Boneless Chuck Roast
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt
- 1 bottle Kraft Hickory Smoke Barbecue Sauce
- Hamburger buns or Kaiser Rolls
- 1 cup of water
- Season roast liberally with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Put in roasting pan with one cup of water. Trick is to not let the roast cook dry. Add more water if needed.
- Cook until it’s so tender it falls apart easily, about one hour per pound, or 3.5 to 4 hours.
- Cut into small pieces, place in a bowl and pour one bottle of barbecue sauce over the meat. Mix well. Serve on buns.
- Refrigerates well. If needed, add a small amount of water when reheating the beef in a saucepan
The two secrets to this melt-in-your-mouth-beef sandwich are the cut of the meat – Boneless Chuck Roast - and the Kraft’s Hickory Smoke Barbecue Sauce.