This comforting soup is fast, delicious, full of nutrition and flavor.
Cheese Broccoli Soup
Prep Time: 15 minutes Yield: 5 – One cup servings
- 2 Tablespoons Onion Finely Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- Bay Leaf
- 1 ½ cups Water
- 10 oz. Frozen Chopped Broccoli
- In large saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Add cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Heat water in medium saucepan. Add bouillon cubes and bay leaf to water. Bring to boil. Add broccoli and cook as package directs: do not drain.
- Add broccoli and cooking liquid to cheese mixture. Blend well. Remove bay leaf.