When I was a young bride, this easy, layered dessert was served to my new husband by a kind, elderly lady. He loved it, and she graciously granted my request for the recipe. It’s one of the oldest recipes in my collection, and yet the memories are as fresh as this morning’s breakfast.
- 1/3 stick Butter (melted)
- ¼ cup Flour
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped Pecans
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 cup Powder Sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (divided)
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling
- Heat oven to 325 F
- Lightly butter 9x13 pan
- Combine melted butter with flour and chopped pecans for crust
- Layer # 1: Pat crust into the bottom of pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until light brown. Cool completely
- Layer # 2: Blend cream cheese, powder sugar, and one cup of Cool Whip in mixer until smooth. Layer on top of cool crust
- Layer #3: Spread Cherry Pie Filling on top
- Layer #4: Spread remaining Cool Whip. Refrigerate.