I love traditional recipes, ones that have been a part of our family for decades. The Cranberry Frozen Salad has been a “must” on our holiday table since 1977, the same year Star Wars opened in the cinemas, and the first Apple II computers went on sale. Many years have passed, but this not-too-sweet-not-too-tart frozen salad remains a favorite every year, both for those who wear Apple watches, and for the princesses who are waiting for Luke Skywalker to come to their rescue.
Cranberry Frozen Salad
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- ½ pint whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 sliced bananas
- 3 cans whole cranberries
- 6.5 oz. miniature marshmallows
- Whip the cream and set aside
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. (I use my electric mixer)
- Add the whipped cream to the mixture and blend well
- Pour into a 9x12 pan.
- Cut into squares and serve on a bed of lettuce.
- OPTION: You can make individual servings by lining muffin pans with paper muffin liners, and filling each with the salad. Freeze, and remove Individual portions, as needed.