This quick and easy pumpkin bread recipe has been a tradition in our family since gasoline was thirty-six cents a gallon. Both young and old have been mixing, baking, sharing, eating, and enjoying this tried and true recipe. It’s like your best friend- dependable, faithful, can’t be bought or replaced. The scent alone will make you dance around the Christmas tree, and your friends will follow you around like puppies, begging for more. This is, without a doubt, the best pumpkin bread we’ve ever tasted, and that’s the reason why we given it to more people than we can count.
Favorite Pumpkin Bread
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 3 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 15 oz. can pumpkin (1 can)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cup chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the five dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and make a well in the center
- Pour the five liquid ingredients into the well and mix thoroughly (I use an electric mixer)
- Add chopped pecans and mix with a spoon until thoroughly blended
- Grease pans and pour mixture into:
- One Bundt Pan or Three - 8.4 x 4.4 x 2.7 Loaf Pans
- Pierce the center to make sure it is done, prior to removing from oven, as ovens and styles of pans vary.
- GIFT GIVING: We place loaf-size cakes on small, inexpensive silver trays we purchase at the Dollar Store. Then we wrap in cellophane, similar to the way a fruit basket is wrapped, and tie with wired ribbon. See photo below.