This EASY, QUICK, MEMORABLE treat is a crowd pleaser.
A friend served this fabulous dessert at a ladies’ luncheon in her home. Moans of delight escaped into the air when she passed a small pitcher of warm, chocolate syrup around the table.
Ice Cream Crunch
PREP TIME: 15 minutes SERVINGS: 9
- 1¼ cup crushed Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- ¼ cup melted Butter
- 12 small Heath Candy Bars
- ½ gallon Vanilla Ice Cream softened
- 1 stick of Butter (8 Tablespoons)
- 1 bag of Chocolate Chips (twelve-ounce)
- 2 cups Powder Sugar
- 1 can Evaporated Milk (approx. 14 oz.)
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla
- Refrigerate Heath bars to harden
- Crumble chocolate wafers to fine
- Mix melted butter with cookie crumbs
- Line a 9x13 pan with crust and refrigerate while preparing filling
- Place Heath bars in zip-lock bag and beat with a hammer until crushed into bite size chunks
- Mix crushed candy into softened ice cream
- Pour into chilled crust. Cover and freeze
- Melt butter and chocolate chips
- Add powder sugar and stir
- Add evaporated milk and vanilla
- Cook for 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cut ice cream mixture into squares
- Put a little chocolate syrup on plate and place a square of ice cream on top
- Pour chocolate syrup on top of ice cream, as you serve it.
Chocolate wafer cookies are made by Nabisco, and have become difficult to find in the grocery aisles. Other possibilities are a graham cracker crust, or an Oreo crust. However, this is so good that it doesn’t require a thin layer of crust, in my opinion. Make sure ice cream is frozen solid before cutting into squares, plating, and adding the warm syrup.