On Christmas, Easter, or any day of the year, just dip your fork into this southern, melt-in-your-mouth sweet, crunchy mixture and suddenly you’ll be on the road to Paradise. The good news is your family, as they gobble it up and ask for seconds, won’t even realize this veggie is knee-deep in nutrition, rich with vitamins and minerals. They’ll think you are letting them eat dessert with their meal, so take a bow for the team. You scored a homerun.
Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 stick butter/margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups cooked sweet potatoes (mashed)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 stick butter/margarine
- 1/2 cup flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice
- Place them in a large pan, and cover them with water
- Cook on stove top until tender
- Drain and place in large bowl. (I use my electric mixer bowl.)
- Mash the potatoes, and add the sugar, eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla
- Put the mixture in a large pyrex bowl, or two smaller ones
- Mix the topping together and sprinkle on top
- Bake for 30 minutes
- I usually divide this between two casserole dishes, and put one in the freezer (unbaked) for another meal. Just follow the baking instructions after thawing.
- If you want to get a jump on your holiday meal, this can be made and frozen, a week in advance.