Yield: One Bundt Cake or Three Small Loafs Bake: 325 degrees
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 Butter cake mix
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding (small size)
- 1/2 cup Amaretto
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter (8 Tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- 1/4 cup water
Pre-heat oven - 325 degrees
Grease and flour Bundt pan, or 3 loaf pans
Mix, pudding amaretto, water, oil and eggs together for 2 minutes.
Pour into greased and floured pans
Bake at 325 for 50-60 minutes for Bundt cake.
45 minutes for loaf pan. (We suggest ALWAYS checking a few minutes earlier than the cooking time stated. Ovens and pan sizes vary making it difficult to be exact. Yours may require less, or more time.)
While the cake is cooling, place glaze ingredients into a saucepan and boil for 2-3 minutes
Move baked cake(s) to a plate. Slowly pour hot glaze onto the cake. The glaze will form a lake around the bottom of the cake, so pour slowly and let it be absorbed gradually. I also poke the top of the cake with a toothpick in a few areas, to let the glaze be absorbed inside.
- G- RATED Alcohol bakes out of cake making it suitable for any age and non-drinkers
- FREEZE FIRST – After glazing, if you wish to change plates to a cardboard cake round or another platter, I suggest freezing it first, then moving it to a serving platter while it’s still frozen, since its so moist.
- GIFT GIVING: A very popular, and well-received gift that we’ve shared with many! For the Bundt cake, we place the frozen cake on a cardboard round, cover it in plastic wrap (Saran), then place it in a large cake box, and top the lid off with a large red bow. (Cardboard cake boxes, and cake rounds can usually be found where cake-decorating supplies are sold.) We place loaf-size cakes on small silver trays found at the Dollar Store, then wrap in cellophane, similar to the way a fruit basket is wrapped, and tie with wired ribbon. Both make a wonderful gift, and a striking presentation.
- SAVINGS: In cooking, I use a good grade Amaretto liqueur, such as di Amore. The price difference between it and the top of the line provides a significant savings without sacrificing flavor